Rostrevor, Co. Down
Events at this location
Based in the scenic village of Rostrevor, Co. Down, the Fiddler's Green Festival began as a one day event way back in the 1980’s and progressed to a weekend. It
Based in the scenic village of Rostrevor, Co. Down, the Fiddler’s Green Festival began as a one day event way back in the 1980’s and progressed to a weekend. It now extends to eight days and seven nights of music, culture and craic. With up to 200 events the festival caters for music fanatics, families who wish to enjoy a safe, child focused festival, and those who come just to soak up the scenery, the friendliness and the free outdoor music and culture.
The Fiddler’s Green Festival which is now in its 32nd year has become one of Ireland’s longest running and most successful festivals. Festival highlights include:
- The Festival Folk Club runs nightly in St. Bronagh’s SC and hosts a line-up of internationally acclaimed artists.
- The Acoustic Stage in An Cuan every afternoon features a mixture of local up and coming performers and major established artists.
- The Lunchtime Folk Club is a small intimate venue with top quality singers and musicians.
- The Open Air Stage offers free entertainment throughout the week including concerts, workshops, a daily open-air session for all musicians and Céili dancing.
- There is also a Traditional Music School with top players offering classes on various instruments.
- Children are well catered for with a full programme of children’s events and a music programme for the older teens.
- Art exhibitions, guided walks, and the ever-popular Literary pub crawl.
With all musical tastes being catered for; folk, traditional, blues, country, classical with intimate lunchtime and early evening music clubs as well as ‘céili houses’ each day that offer an opportunity for visitors and musicians to meet, sing, recite, play an instrument or just relax and enjoy the atmosphere there is something for everyone.
If you have any queries then please email [email protected] or call +44 (0)789 598 6616.
22 (Sunday) 9:00 am - 29 (Sunday) 11:59 pm
Rostrevor, Co. Down