At TheIrishPlace.com we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
Collecting personal information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths;
- information that you provide to us when registering with TheIrishPlace.com (including your name and email address);
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website including information relating to any purchases you make;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
- information relating to any purchases you make of our goods / services / goods and/or services or any other transactions that you enter into through our website (including your name, address, telephone number and email address);
- information that you post to our website for publication on the internet (including your user name, your profile picture and the content of your posts); and
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Using Personal Information
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- for improving your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you goods purchased through the website;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- send you our email newsletter and other marketing communications (relating to TheIrishPlace.com which we think may be of interest to you), where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- keep our website secure and prevent fraud; and
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website.
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
Disclosing personal information
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
International data transfers
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
If you are in the European Union, information which you provide may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area. You expressly agree to such transfers.
Security of personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers.
All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee (currently fixed at GBP 10); and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
TheIrishPlace.com includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Last revised on January 14, 2016